How I got Development Center in Sitecore...

I had started working on SiteCore 2, 3 days back. I installed and review it, downloaded documentations and help material to learn it from scratch.
During this search i found a PDF file calling "Setting up a Basic Sitecore Website".
As i overlooked that Document; i found that "OMG, its So easy to work in Sitecore." as i had already studying Ektron which i found a bit difficult and it took me hard to setup a basic type of website.
Anyhow i started working to "SETUP MY BASIC WEBSITE IN SITECORE :P". after reading first few pages and implementing them i felt a level of confidence that how much GOOD LEARNER I M that i had started making my own website even second day of Sitecore study. But as i reach the page where writer described the way of designing page layout in Development Center, i got stuck. As i told you it was my second day of studying SiteCore, unfortunately that was a weekend i went home and i spent whole weekend on the same search of Development Center, but that was also not fruitful for me. So, i finally came to the point "If i m not mistaken and it must be some Sitecore bug."
Next day, when i came; i was quite confident in saying that to my Boss that "i checked the all but i didnt find Development Center; so its a Sitecore bug.". He suggested me few solutions including change the browser to IE as i m a Firefox lover but i thought Firefox will provide me everything. but just to satisfy him i did so for a while and went back to him to say there is no way to find development center "i think i should re-install SiteCore, as i must had skipped some step."
He came on my PC appreciated my attitude towards learning and opened Sitecore website on my own Localhost in IE--> went to "Edit This Website"-->Select "Advanced" from Top menu of the page.
Ooops whats this ??? :(
"Development Center" is in the list of tools available in Sitecore and clearly visible in Advanced menu :(

OMG that was a real time of embarrassment for me in front of him and when he said Y didnt you search for difference Sitecore in FF and IE yet, as in FF you need to add many features manually?
Any how; one thing for sure
now i ll never start work after just overlooking docs and tutorials whether i feel dozy or sleepy; i ll study every doc before implementations.
And also i will not rely on FF that much.

Comments

Post a Comment